So, as I’ve mentioned before, I love a good playlist. Music can really wake up a tired routine and give life to a waning workout. That said, I always keep about 10 tracks in constant rotation, depending on what I’m doing, and I play those tracks until they’re as tired and worn as my Nike Frees.
Having said that, here are 10 tunes that are getting a lot of love from me lately.
1. All About That Bass by Meghan Trainor. I just love the catchiness of the tune. Sure, it’s got a message in there too, but I just like the beat—to be honest.
2. Shake it Off by Taylor Swift. It matters not what you think of Taylor or her much-publicized love affairs, this song hits the spot for dancin’ your butt off.
3. Bang, Bang, Bang by Jessie J., Nicki Minaj, and Ariana Grande
4. Sail (Unlimited Gravity Remix) by AWOLNATION. My Gawd…such a smooth ass lead-up to that killer beat drop. Ridiculous.
5. Black Unicorn by 2Chainz. This one I love for the intro. Those bars tho…lawd ha’mercy.
6. Best Mistake by Ariana Grande.
7. She Came to Give It To You by Usher. Still totally obsessed with Pharrell’s groove here. And then you add Usher’s sexy self to it…maaaaaannnnnnn.
8. Come Get it Bae (feat. Miley Cyrus)…Yes, Miley Cyrus finally made a song I can get behind. LOL. Of course, she ain’t sayin’ much until the hook, but her “ooooo” adds so much funk to this one. Man.
9. Latch by Disclosure (feat. Sam Smith). I only recently began to get hip to Sam Smith, but finding this old track—which features him prominently—definitely spiced up my workout routine.
10. It’s Your World by J-Hud. Is it just me or are “disco” beats making a serious comeback?